Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Prayer Request For The Holiday

Do not pray for me.  Today as I head to the hospital for another batch of test and consultations, there is no heaviness within my heart.   Whether the news is good or bad is no longer a factor to me, I have long placed my fate in the hands of God and accepted the inevitable.   If cancer or diabetes does not take me out of the game  of life, then time or chance will surely prevail.  If you are taking the time to read this, I ask you this Holiday season to pray for the families  that are torn apart through hatred, false perceptions and lack of conversation. Pray for those who will be alone this holiday season, and pray for the church that have failed the mission of Christ.   Pray not for world peace, but pray that the love for Christ and the love of Christ will flow like water from the pulpit, throughout the church and into the community. 

3 comments:

  1. Brother Earl, it seems to me that you suffer from cancer and diabetics, is that so?
    It always troubles me immensely when the mighty men of God of your calibre suffer from sickness and disease.

    You said, "I have long placed my fate in the hands of God and accepted the inevitable."

    Well brother, I need to ask you a question.
    In which God did you place your fate? And what is His Name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spent several days reflecting upon your comments. It is true, I am a cancer survivor, but that was merely a pretext of a message to draw attention to the sad state of affairs that the organized church, the family, my family specifically, and the community have slipped into. The point of the pretext was to point out that whatever state we are in, maybe we should lay aside our gimmie disposition and point out the things that really need prayer. Like Paul, I have learned from the word of God to be content as to whatever state I am in. If I were to acquaint sickness and death with the salvation of the soul then my faith would be shaken.
    If we take the Word of God and interpret it without regard to ages and dispensations, we can justify or condemn basically any aspect of human nature or it frailties, What I stand against is the polluted mess that we have created. Yes, sir, I believe in God, Which God? According to the Holy scripture, there is but one God. As to his name I defer to the the English translation., "Our Father, which art in Heaven."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Earl for sharing that and I fully agree with you concerning the state of the church.
    Also, I'm glad to hear that you are freed from any sickness and sufferings, that is off course apart from the suffering for Jesus name's sake.

    It is good to be content in every situation we are in but not in sickness or disease.
    The Lord Jesus has suffered for the consequences of our sins on the cross and by His strips we are healed.

    Yes brother, we all believe that there is but one God and that is the Father (1 Cor. 8:6), but what we disagree is about His Name.

    Father is the description or title of God and not a name, but our heavenly Fathers Name is Jesus.
    Most churches and their leaders have fallen away from the Lord Jesus Christ (apostasy) to another god whom they call Father with the name Jehovah and therefore have transgressed the first and second commandment of the Lord.
    We both know that the wroth of God is against all ungodliness, especially those who transgress the first and second commandment of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete